Mylestones

lb3f.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/LlB2

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another Step Closer

Today we had our Home Study Home Visit where our Social Worker, Kim, comes to the house to make sure everything is "safe" to have a baby. And a good way to get the house cleaner than normal and those little things fixed that have been on "the list" for a while.  All smoke detectors working, fire extinguisher filled, etc.

She also emphasized again that we are under contract to not tell anyone when we are placed with a baby for 7 days.  This is the "legal risk" period of when the birthmother may change her mind.  It is also a chance for the baby to react and get comfortable with us as we will be strangers to him/her since he/she didn't hear our voices, etc during pregnancy.  It is going to be hard for me not to shout it to the world---but it is best for everyone and agency policy....so don't be offended when we delay in telling you!!! 

I think we passed the Home Study---next is to complete our Profile Book and Dear Birthmother Letter...meet with the Director of the agency and then WAIT for the phone to ring!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your blog Peggi. I'm so excited for you both!! I've tried to leave comments before, but the web browser (firefox) wouldn't let me. I just figured out that I have to use explorer. I can't wait for the next blog.

    ReplyDelete